The International Summer Camp Malaga 2018 gives young people from 13 to 17 years the opportunity to get to know other students of different nationalities. The programme consists of 4 Spanish lessons in the mornings and social, cultural and sports activities in the afternoons and evenings.
The students will enjoy a special holiday in an international context and get to know the Spanish culture, exchanging ideas and experiencing all sorts of adventures.
You will spend some unforgettable weeks with your new friends from all over the world.
In the morning, you take Spanish lessons and learn new vocabulary and grammar. In the afternoons and evenings, you will participate in activities and excursions in a fun environment in Malaga.
- Starting dates: 8, 15, 22, and 29 July 2018. All arrivals and departures are on Sundays.
- Duration: 1,2,3 or 4 weeks
- Services included: accommodation in double or triple room with a Spanish host family (full board or half board), 20 Spanish lessons per week, course material, supervised activities every afternoon and evenings (One supervisor per every 15 students), One full day trip per week, One half day trip per week, transfer to and from the airport
Learn Spanish in a fun and entertaining way!
During the summer camp, you will participate in 20 Spanish lessons per week.
- Timetable: every morning from 09.30-13.00
- Duration: 1, 2 or 3 weeks, 20 lessons per week, 4 lessons a day
- Prerequisites: None. All participants will do a level test on the first day of the course and will be put into different groups depending on their Spanish level.
- Maximum number of students per class: 14
Welcome to Your Spanish Host Family
During our Summercamp, we offer you accommodation with a Spanish host family. These families regularly receive foreign students, which means they have a lot of experience.
By staying with a Spanish family, you learn about the Spanish way of life. The Malagueños are very friendly and open-minded, which will make it easy to communicate with them.
You will soon feel at home in your Spanish host family!
Activities Summer Camp in Malaga
From Monday to Sunday, you will enjoy numerous activities in the afternoons and evenings in the company of our monitors.
The sports, cultural and social activities are designed for young people from 13 to 17 years and are all supervised by our monitors.
- Visits and cultural tours: guided tour to the historical centre of Málaga, museums, and other areas of interest.
- Social activities: talk about music, history and literature, movie nights, theme parties…
- Sports: football, basketball, volleyball, badminton …
- One full day trip and at least one half day trip per week
- Welcome and farewell party
- And other optional activities …
Below you find an exemplary one-day program of the International Summer camp:
|08:30 - 09:00||Breakfast|
|09:15 - 09:30||Group Welcome|
|09:30 - 10:15||1st Spanish class|
|10:15 - 11:00||2nd Spanish class|
|11:00 - 11:30||Break with snacks|
|11:30 - 12:15||3rd Spanish class|
|12:15 - 13:00||4th Spanish class|
|13:00 - 14:00||Break, games, beach|
|14:00 - 15:30||Lunch|
|15:30 - 19:00||Afternoon activities (sport, visits)|
|19:00 - 20:00||Break|
|20:00 - 21:00||Dinner|
|21:00 - 22:30||Theme parties, activities|
Participation in these activities is not obligatory. But from our experience, we know that generally all students love to participate. Students can also stay at home or go to the beach or to the city centre in groups of a minimum of 3 students with the permission of their parents and after talking with the OnSpain team. All participants can use the services of the school such as free internet access, book and movie rental.
Summer Camp Services & Information
The Summer camp begins and ends on a Sunday. You may arrive earlier or extend your stay as long as you want if you tell us well in advance. These extra days are not included in the price of the program.
All participants must go back to the host family before 11:00 pm. This is possible only when the participants follow our advice. If not, we would consult with the parents of the participants. The agreed time to get home to families during the camp at 11:00 pm.
In order to make sure that everyone enjoys our summer camp, we follow certain rules of conduct. These are sent to the parents and must be accepted before arrival in order to confirm the placement in the Summer camp. The same set of rules will be given out to the participants upon arrival. Failure to comply with these rules will, depending on the severity of the situation, result in some form of a sanction agreed with the parents of the participants.
If you wish to participate in any further activity with us, consent from both, the school and the parents, is necessary.
All participants must have a (European) travel insurance and medical insurance. On request, OnSpain can offer both insurances for the total time of your stay.
Please contact us on +34 952 21 90 23 or fill out the contact form with all questions or suggestions you have. We will respond as soon as possible in any of the following languages: Spanish, English, Italian, French, German.
- Accommodation in a Spanish host family half board (breakfast and dinner) or full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Cultural and sports activities
- 1 full day excursion per week
- at least 1 half day excursions a week
- Transfer to and from the airport
- Free use of the internet, book and dvd rental
- 20 Spanish lessons per week
- Travel insurance
- Cancel insurance
- Pocket money
- Check-in service with a monitor of OnSpain (25€)
- In case of UM flights, attendance by an OnSpain monitor the day of arrival / departure (25€ one-way)
- Horseback riding; 1 day a week for 2 hours (50€ per week)
- Tennis or paddle; 2 days per week for 2 hours per day (30€ per week)
Please book your insurance before the start of your trip.